Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Story Planning: Don't Make Him Angry

Mahabharata by C.A. Kincaid


Hidimba and Baka

I think I am going to incorporate this story into my storybook. Bhima fights two demons in this story and can really develop his character in my storybook. I like that he stays awake when his family is sleeping. He watches over them making sure they are all safe. A female demon approaches Bhima and his family with the intent of killing them. She was sent by her brother and once she arrived she fell in love with Bhima and does not kill them but instead warns them about her brother who will kill them now. Bhima fights him and defeats him. After he does that he goes away for a bit of time and has a kid with the female demon. He returns to find his family in a village ruled by an evil demon and he slays him too. I will try to incorporate this story into my storybook about Bhima.


The Winning of Draupadi

I may add this into my story about Bhima. Arjuna is focused on here but Bhima steps in to help save him and throws someone over the arena walls and they land safely. Seeing this people stop fighting. This will show how much respect people have or how fearful they are of Bhima's strength. Arjuna wins a bride but his mother said she should share whatever he won and he did. All the brothers married Draupadi and loved her very much. I liked this story but I am going to focus more on Bhima.


YUDHISHTHIRA'S GAMBLING
He gambles away himself and his entire family but ends up getting everything back because of Draupadi. Some people take her and try to strip her but their was divine interference.This angers Bhima and he vows to kill the person who did that to her. This is a bit violent for a hero type but he will be a good guy. One of the brother's loses his life and gambles his brother's lives away. They become slaves but are then set free by a king. Arjuna then gambles again and loses and his family is exiled. They were exiled for twelve years and would have to be in disguise for the thirteenth year. I can make the Arjuna make a similar big mistake where he loses everything. I may relate it to modern times and have him lose a business or something like that.

Wikipedia
This page was a bout Bhima. I learned more about his character from this site the story so far so it helps add details about him in my stories. I think I am going to make next week's story be about the first one where he fights two demons. That will make it more interesting and give some character development for my storybook.

Photo Information- Hidimba and Bhima 



2 comments:

  1. Hidimba and Baka is such a good story. A lot can be done to change it and make it into your own. What is your take / thoughts about it? I am excited to read your story once you write it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan,
    I think you must include the story of Hidimba and Baka in your storybook about Bhima. It would really be great if you included thoughts of hers when she sees Bhima as to why she decides that she doesn’t want to kill him. Do you think that you will follow the story closely and also include the portion when he is angry and ready to slay her also? It might be interesting to twist it so that he sees her in a different light instead

    ReplyDelete