Monday, January 23, 2017

Reading Notes: Narayan's Ramayana


I like Rama right now. I want to focus my story around him. I liked when he broke the bow and brought the wrath of a bull-like man and then made the bull man praise his might and heroism. I know how I want to make a story out of this as well. I am excited to start writing it.

Rama the Heir Apparent
I like this story because the ruler made sure that his council of leaders and important people approve of his son taking over. He does not declare that his son will be ruler but wants to be sure that people approve of his son before letting him rule.

Manthara and Kaikeyi
I like this one because it explains why the antagonists of the story dislikes Rama and why she does not want him to lead. I can see these two betraying or killing Rama so that they can have Bharata become ruler.

Rama is banishedIndian Myth and Legend by Donald A. Mackenzie
I liked how Rama kept his word and his father's word by leaving when he was sentenced to be banished for 14 years.
Image Info- Manthara
Source Manthara

No comments:

Post a Comment