Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Public Domain Edition: Mahabharata Part A

Indian Myth and Legend by Donald A. Mackenzie

This is a good introduction for my story. Ganga agrees to marry the king under a few conditions and he agrees. He breaks one of them and she leaves. This part of the story will be excellent for my idea this week. 


The king's son went to find the maiden his father had found to change the father;s mind about having his daughter marry the king. He does but in doing so he loses his rights to the throne. I like the prince so far. He seems like a good guy and I may focus my story around him. 

I liked this story, the problem in this part was trying to fin an heir to the throne. They did but it was not by the usual methods. The queen asked Devavrata to do it but he took a vow to not have children and he planned to keep that. She then turned to her son to produce an heir.

He is out hunting when he finds a few deer and slays them. However one of them was a Brahmin in disguise and he cursed Pandu for this. The curse would later kill Pandu and leave his wives to raise his sons. 
Photo Info- Devavrata takes his vow

No comments:

Post a Comment